The eucalyptus oil is one of the essential oils that nature has provided us with, its benefits are many especially when it comes to health; it has become one of the best alternatives to traditional medicine, especially for respiratory problems and coughs. But there are many other uses for eucalyptus oil, not just as a natural remedy but it can also be used to clean and repel animals.
Eucalyptus oil is obtained from selected tree species originally from Australia, Tasmania and nearby islands; these trees belong to the plant family Myrtaceae, and there are more than 500 species. The essential oil that contains medicinal properties comes from Eucalyptus salicifolia and Eucalyptus globulus. Learn more about it!
Benefits of Eucalyptus Oil
- Respiratory conditions: this essential oil has been used for centuries to improve breathing; it can help with the following conditions: chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), asthma, bronchitis, sinusitis, common cold, cough, and the flu. Also, it can improve sleep when you feel congested because it helps with respiratory circulation.
- Improves cough: eucalyptus oil works as an expectorant, opening the airways, and reducing congestion. It is a cleaner that combats the microorganisms and toxins that produce the cough and make you feel congested.
- Seasonal allergies: when seasons change, allergies start to appear. Eucalyptus oil has anti-inflammatory and immunomodulatory properties that are used to relieve these allergies.
- Fights infections: the main component of eucalyptus oil, known as eucalyptol, possesses antimicrobial properties that can fight bacteria, viruses, and fungi. It doesn’t matter if it is used aromatically or topically; it can help boost your immune system.
- Reduces pain and inflammation: using it topically on the skin can reduce muscle pain, soreness, and swelling. But it can also help reduce pain if the patient’s treatment includes eucalyptus oil inhalation due to its anti-inflammatory properties
- Alleviates headaches: this oil can alleviate the sinus pressure that causes pain and tension; when inhaling muscles relax, helping you gather your thoughts and feel better, as stressful situations are the cause of many headaches.
- Skin care: eucalyptus oil has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. For that reason, it is great to treat skin problems like wounds, cuts, burns, sores, and even insect bites. It has been used in traditional medicine as a healing ointment, so don’t doubt about using it on your skin for these conditions.
Eucalyptus oil is one of the essential oils out there that helps you feel better and improves certain health conditions, but it should be used carefully. It is only for topical and aromatic use. If your skin is sensitive, dilute it before applying it. Be extremely careful with children, check with your doctor first.
As you can see, eucalyptus oil has many properties and health benefits, besides its amazing fragrance. Essential oils are always good for us, so keeping them at home is a good choice. At Aromar, we are thrilled to provide the best quality products in home fragrance and air freshener, visit us.